Summer’s here!!!!!! Trips to the beach. Farmer’s markets. Camping. Gardening. Piña coladas. The temperature getting above 65F. Cookouts. The inevitable wrath of the sun on my pale Scandinavian skin. Itchy, bump-covered skin due to thousands of mosquito bites. Okay, so there are some awesome things about summer, aaaaaaand there are some not so great things.
These cookies are definitely one of the great things about summer.
Take one bite of these cookies, and you will be immediately whisked away to some tropical island paradise (it helps if you close your eyes while you eat the cookie).
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies with Toasted Coconut and Lime
Makes about 2 dozen
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
1 bag Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
juice and zest of one lime
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread coconut evenly on a non-stick metal cookie sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Monitor that coconut! Last thing you want is burned coconut.
3. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and lime juice and zest.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in coconut, macadamias, and white chocolate.
5. Place 1-inch balls of cookie dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Let cookies sit on cookie sheet for 1 minute before transferring them to cookie rack.
And, the final step — make sure to enjoy some of these before others gobble them all up!